Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Already?

I've been home for a month.

A lot of my team and  I have agreed that the most challenging part about coming home, was not culture shock. It was battling ourselves and our expectations of ourselves.

For me in particular, I wanted to jump right into a job and volunteering opportunities. I wanted to go back to school and make new friends and keep in touch with my old ones. I had all these perfect scenarios in my head, and I truly believed that it was all going to go this way because I had done what God had wanted and FINALLY it was my turn to tell the story.

Yeah. Well...

Here I am. Still battling things.

Some days I wake up and I am ready to go! I have really good Bible studies, I have four cups of coffee, I go for my runs, and I feel like I can do absolutely anything. I am on top of my stuff! I am Wonder Woman!

Some days I wake up and it's all I can do to get out of bed. All I want to do is catch up on Netflix. A whole pot of coffee won't give me energy, and I realllyyyyyy just don't have time for God today. Sorry! But here let me binge watch a season of "New Girl", cause that's not wasting my time.

Some days, I am optimistic about my future. Some days I despair. But every single day, I just keep reminding myself that God has got this. He really does.

I've picked up reading again {I used to be such a bookworm, it's embarrassing} and I found this really awesome book I think you would like, "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. I was astounded that something that I needed to read would simply show up right in front of me at the right time. Before the first chapter had even ended, I was laughing, crying, and praying. God is good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment